The DiaStep TM (shown above) is a unique product of research between M.V. Hospital for Diabetes and the Central Leather Research Institute , Chennai, supported by Novo Nordisk Educational Foundation. It is specially designed for diabetic patients who have neuropathy, minor foot deformation and foot complication.
- A PU sole with extra depth for effective pressure distribution.
- A special tread for extra depth sole for better grip and traction.
- A specially designed insole bed and foam layer for added comfort
- A rigid counter to ensure limited joint mobility.
- A specially designed upper with leather lining for comfortable wear.
- Adjustable Velcro fasteners to accommodate changes in foot volume.
- A special angle of slant on the sole to give the ‘rocker’ effect which eases pressure from the plantar surface of the feet.